Monday, May 10, 2010

Jerry Rankin is a hero of mine

I've posted my thoughts about IMB head Jerry Rankin's blogs elsewhere but I'd say again that I believe him to be one of the SBC's outstanding figures of the last 25 years. I certainly believe he has the right perspective on SBC funding matters, the Cooperative Program, lostness and priorities.

Rankin's blog

Concerning the Great Commission Resurgence Task Force, he says today:
The recommendations contain very little that will make a difference in the SBC being able to send and support more missionaries and engage the many unreached people groups around the world with the gospel. The recommended shift of 1 percent in CP allocations is a nod in that direction, but speaks as much to the Executive Committee eliminating ministry assignments and return to a basic administrative role on behalf of the Convention.

No comments: