I blogged the other day about the 177 megachurches in the SBC where about 10% of SBCers are found on a given Sunday. Who will be the clever blogger to analyze the SBC Executive Committee, IMB, NAMB, and seminaries to see what percentage of their trustees worship with the 10% or the other 90%?
I'm looking for a reaction, an official one, from our International Mission Board and Women's Missionary Union on the labeling of the death by starvation story of Lottie Moon as a "myth." Perhaps soon? Surely, folks there are aware.
Went fishing...caught fish...feel better about life.
I just read that some "key leaders" in the SBC said that "they think that the CP faces a massive communication problem. It is so big that it’s difficult to keep people in the pews aware of all that their money goes to, and when they find out it goes to more than just international missions that can be helpful or harmful." Really? Belive that is worth a future article here.
College football started last evening. It is a morass of money and greed, is probably harmful to the academic mission at colleges...so why do I like and look forward to it so much?
Four years ago a church member who felt disenfranchised in his congregation started blogging about it. Since then, the blog has had 1.5 million page views. Pastor, you might want to check the openness and transparency level of your church. The alternative to such may be more harmful than what you perceive to be the harm in your members knowing where their money goes and being able to talk to you and your staff.