This is a quite pedestrian article about the SBC's most important organization and offering.
2004 150,000,000 133,886,222
2005 150,000,000 137,939,678
2006 150,000,000 150,178,098
2007 165,000,000 150,409,654
2008 170,000,000 141,315,110
2009 175,000,000 148,984,819
2010 175,000,000 145,662,925
The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions is the SBC's most important offering. It is the envy of missions organizations everywhere. The IMB has a page of "Fast Facts" about personnel, missions, and Lottie Moon.
A few of Plodder's Fast Facts:
1. LMCO money is the best money a local church can spend.
2. The LMCO is a powerhouse of financial support and that in spite of the recent years of declining totals.
3. The last year a goal was met was 2006.
4. LMCO goals have become meaningless figures. Last year's goal was missed by almost $30 million dollars.
5. With respect to international missions, a dollar given to the LMCO is worth about five times a dollar that is given to the Cooperative Program. [Which may account for the trend to give directly to the IMB and by-pass state conventions and Executive Committee.]