Several things will be missing from Musial's obituary:
- a bad word about him, from anybody
- He got a hit his last at bat, a winner from start to finish
- Asked for advice, he said 'get eight hours sleep every night'
- He played 'Take me out to the ball game' on his harmonica.
- As was said, "He didn't date movie stars, spike opponents or chew out reporters or umpires.
[Baseball? Talked to a guy this week who told of going into a store where some old codgers were sitting around jawing. The conversation was on baseball and one of the men told the kid he should play shortstop. He then handed him a signed baseball. Ty Cobb.]