Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Historic, antique book: 1885 Story of Baptist Missions by Hervey available for sale



I have this very old copy of Winfred Hervey's The Story of Baptist Missions in Foreign Lands From the Time of Carey to the Present Date that I would like to sell, very reasonably, for some fish bait or convention money.

This is the Chancy R. Barns edition, 1885. It is a partial leather cover and has condition problems in that the spine cover is missing and some chips and wear. Check my photos. The text is very clean.

The book has some quite interesting stories. John L. Shuck in 1845 is called "foremost of the foreign missionaries of the Southern Baptist Convention."

The book has been reprinted. My price of $25 is cheaper than the paperback copy price. Shipping will cost about $4.

Email me if you are interested. Some missions historian would appreciate this book. I just don't have the room to keep it.




No comments: