Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great deals on commentaries and other books

This is a crass commercial blog, Occupy Wall Street protesters who are surfing the net on expensive laptops while being served free, gourmet meals at their protest sites should immediately go elsewhere.

I almost rescinded my retirement when I looked at how much stuff I had in my church office, mainly books, and looked at the available space at my home. My wife told me to work it out anyway, so I’m selling most of my library. And, yeah, I'd love to be in a position to give them all away to some young theolog...but I'm not in such a position.

What I will do is sell these cheaper than you can find them on Amazon. Pick a book and price it on AZ. I'll be lower, probalby for a better graded book, and will not charge $3.99 per book shipping. I'll charge actual costs for shipping, usually about $2.50 per book. For quantity I'll bargain with you on price and pay shipping also. If you buy several, I'll toss in a free book and give you a list of free ones from which to choose. I've got to free up some shelf space brethren.

I'll take your check, too, trusting my SBC colleagues to not bounce checks all over the southeast. And I have hundreds more books. Inquire if you have a particular interest.

You can respond by email to me at sbcplodder@gmail.com

Thanks.
____________________

New American Commentary, Old Testament. These all have clean dust jackets and look new. I confess to not spending much time in the OT so these are hardly used. If I had not written my name inside the cover of these, I'd sell them on Amazon as new books.

Judges, Ruth; Daniel I. Block $15
Jeremiah, Lamentations; F. B. Huey, Jr. $11.50
Hosea, Joel; Duane A. Garrett $12
Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah; Barker & Bailey $16.50
Leviticus; Mark F. Rooker $11
Joshua; David M. Howard, Jr. $13

________________
This list was from an earlier post. I've sold some of these. Email me at sbcplodder@gmail.com for a price. I'll make it attractive to you.


New American Commentaries:Old Testament
Leviticus
Joshua
Judges, Ruth
Jeremiah, Lamentations
Hosea, Joel
Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah

New American Commentaries:New Testament
Matthew
Philippians, Colossians, Philemon
1, 2 Timothy, Titus

Other Hard back commentaries
John Eadie Greek Text Commentaries, 5 volumes (Gal., Eph, Phil., Col., Thess.)
Expositor’s Greek Testament, 5 volumes
Isaiah, Edward J. Young, 3 volumes
Genesis, J. M. Boice 2 volumes
Leupold on the Old Testament, Genesis I
Leupold on the Old Testament, Genesis II
Notes on Proverbs; Ironside
God Remembers (Zechariah), Feinberg
Matthew 8-15; MacArthur
Kingdom Living Here and Now (Beatitudes), MacArthur
Mark, J. C. Ryle, Expository Thoughts on the Gospels
The Gospel According to St. John, Westcott
The Acts of the Apostles, Morgan
Acts, 3 Vol in One, Criswell
Commentary on Romans, Godet
Romans, 1-8; John MacArtthur
1 Corinthians, MacArthur
1 Corinthians, Ironside
2 Corinthians, Ironside
1 Corinthians, Grosheide
Corinthian Letters of Paul, Morgan
The Epistle of St. Paul Epistles to the Galatians; J. B. Lightfoot
St. Paul’s Epistle to the Philippians; J. B. Lightfoot
St. Paul’s Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon; J. B. Lightfoot
Notes on Philippians, Ironside
Philippians, Strauss
Exploring Ephesians, Phillips
Liberated for Life (Galatians); MacArthur
Ephesians, MacArthur
Notes on the Epistles of St. Paul, Lightfoot (1 & 2 Thess., 1 Corinthians 1-7, Romans 1-7, Ephesians 1:1-14)
The Pastoral Epistles, Kent
2 Timothy through Hebrews; Charles Simeon; Expository Outlines on the Whole Bible
The Revelation of Jesus Christ; Richardson
James-Jude, Barnes on the New Testament
The Epistles of John; Boice
Jewish Christianity (Acts 1-11, James, 1 &2 Peter, Jude, Hebrews) H. E. Dana
The Epistles of St. John, Westcott
Epistles of John and Jude; Ironside





Paperbacks

2 Corinthians, Moule
Gleanings in Genesis, Pink
Genesis, A Devotional Commentary, Griffeth-Thomas
1 Corinthians; Hodge
Mark, J. A. Alexander
Acts, An Expositional Commentary; Barnhouse
Exploring Acts, Vol 2; Phillips
Expository Sermons on Galatians; Criswell
The Epistles to the Colossians and to Philemon, Erdman
Living Victoriously (Philippians), Blair
Paul’s Joy in Christ (Philippians), A.T. Robertson
Commentary on Philippians; F. B. Meyer
Stand United in Joy, An Exposition of Philippians; Gromacki
1 & 2 Thessalonians; Stott
Be Ready (1 & 2 Thessalonians) Wiersbe
Hebrews, Griffeth-Thomas
Revelation 1-5; J. M. McGee
The Epistles of John, Stott
1,2,3 John; MacArthus
The Joy of Fellowship a Study of First John; Pentecost

2 comments:

Keith said...

I'm a young man trying to put my own library together. I want to start leading Bible studies, and studying for myself. I stumbled across your page and noticed the Expositor’s Greek Testament, 5 volume set. I would be very interested in that even though I haven't taken Greek, I know I will one day.
I would also appreciate it if you could recommend some others for me as you already have read these and have experience as a Pastor. Thanks!

William Thornton said...

The EGT and some of the other greek text commentaries I have might be a bit heavy. The english text works might suit you better now. Many of them will touch on the greek.

Email me at sbcplodder@gmail.com